India is hosting the leaders of the Group of 20 (G20) major economies for their annual summit this weekend. Here is a list of events:
G20 Summit | Saturday, September 9
- G20 Summit begins
- Leaders to arrive at the venue in New Delhi and pose for welcome photographs with PM Narendra Modi between 9:30 and 10:30 am.
- First session to get underway, followed by a working lunch and bilateral meetings – 10:30 am to 3 pm.
- Second session from 3 pm to 4:45 pm.
- Dinner for leaders and heads of delegation from 7 pm onwards.
G20 Summit | Sunday, September 10
- Leaders to lay wreaths and attend a live peformance at Mahatma Gandhi’s Samadhi in New Delhi at 9 am.
- Tree-planting ceremony at summit venue at 10.15 am.
- Third session, adoption of declaration between 10.30 am and 12.30 pm.
- Press conference by Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov at 1 pm.
- Press conference by Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan at 2 pm.
- Closing press conference by Foreign Minister Jaishankar and Sherpa Amitabh Kant at 2 pm.
- Press conference by Japanese Prime Minister Fumio Kishida at 3 pm.
- Press conference by the President of Brazil Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva at 5 pm.